The Englehart Public Library , is a wheelchair accessible facility located at 71 Fourth Avenue in Englehart. Our library serves as a learning and culture center for the Englehart area.
Our Mission is to continue the development of a public library collection and services that meet the needs of our community and to further the development of standards, partnerships and advocacy that will promote public library services.
The Englehart Public Library has the follow features:
- Return Drop Box
- Special Collections/ Local History
- Fax, Photocopying and digitizing / scanning available
- WiFi / Internet Access
- U-drive driver’s safety course office, registration & classes
- Books: fiction, non-fiction, paperbacks, large print
- Audio tapes
- Video tapes
- DVDs & Blue Rays
- 100 CNIB books on CD for the Visually Impaired
- Interlibrary Loan (Allowing you to borrow from other libraries)
- A conference/meeting space complete with a multi-media projector & overhead projector. Call (705) 544-2100 for details on available times and pricing.
- Athena Web Server - Search all books and collections from the comfort of your own home
The Englehart Public Library also has the following resources and online databases:
- Thomson Gale Database
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Canadian Points of View
- Teen Health & Wellness
- Career Cruising
- The Canadian Atlas Online (can we link to canadiangeographic.ca)
- Ancestry Library Edition
- Community Access Program
- Employment Resources Centre
- Job Bank
- DTSSAB District Temiskaming Social Services Administration Board
- Employment Resource Library
- Service Ontario
- Ministry of Culture
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
Book renewals and requests may be made by phone. For information on the library, please visit the Englehart Public Library Facebook Page or call (705) 544-2100.