The Town of Englehart is committed to ensuring that our good and services and facilities are barrier-free to everyone.
The Province of Ontario released Provincial legislation called the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in 2005. The Municipality must meet the requirements of accessibility standards including:
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
- Design of Public Spaces
The Town of Englehart is responsible for filing a bi-annual Accessibility Compliance Report with the Provincial Government. Members of the public may REQUEST A COPY of the Town of Englehart's Accessibility Compliance Report.
In order to help us meet the requirements of the AODA, we have created:
- A Corporate Accessibility Policy
- Training plans to ensure that all employees, volunteers and other persons are trained in the accessibility standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Englehart's website has been designed with accessibility in mind. We strive to ensure that all content meets or exceeds level AA compliance of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Sometimes we are not able to present content in an accessible format. In these cases, we will provide an accessible alternative or assistance in getting the information you need. If you need an accessible alternative, please call 705-544-2244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some examples of inaccessible content:
- Maps and GIS data
- Engineering drawings or complex technical data
- Legacy applications or data that cannot be updated or cannot be updated with reasonable effort/expenses
- Presentation content, if making it accessible would take away from its purpose
- Content provided by external contributors such as vendors or community partners
Standards for External Contributors
In order to maintain its accessibility standards, the Municipality expects all content provided by external contributors to be delivered in compliancy of the WCAG 2.0 Level A and the Province of Ontario's Accessible Information and Communications Standard.
The Municipality will accept no responsibility to convert non accessible content provided by external contributors, train external contributors on accessibility or infer costs related to acquiring tools required to meet the requirement.
Non compliance may result in refusal of content, breach of contracts and nonpayment.
Please use our Feedback Form below if you have comments or questions related to the accessibility of our services to customers with disabilities.