Englehart Public Library
The new Englehart Public Library , built in 1993 is a beautiful, wheelchair accessible facility located on 71 fourth Ave. This library serves as a learning and culture centre for the Englehart area.
"To continue the development of a public library collection and services that meet the needs of our community and to further the development of standards, partnerships and advocacy that will promote public library services."
- Return Drop Box
- A collection of 22,000 books including 600 large print books
- 356 talking books
- 31 different magazines + an extensive collection of DVD's
- 1 week sign out for videos to members
- Access to libraries across Ontario
- Fiction and reference materials
- On-line Job Bank - provides employment resources and supported by the District of Timiskaming Social Services Administration Board
- Computers for public use with word processing, graphics, reference CD's and a link to Ontario's Environmental Registry,Community Access Program, Resource Central and Ministry of Culture
- Local Historical collection
- Photocopying available
- Service Ontario www.serviceont.ca
Book renewals and requests may be made by phone.
- Movie Days
- Evergreen Awards Reading Program for Adults
- Beginning Computers for Seniors
- Computer Courses
- Game Days
- Blood Pressure Clinic
- Story Time
- Stories and Fun with Nikki
- A conference/meeting space complete with a multi-media projector & overhead projector. Call for details on available times and pricing.
- Athena Web Server - Search all books and collections from the comfort of your own home - Thank you to the Ministry of Culture & the Trillium Foundation for making this possible.
Every summer the Englehart Public Library holds a reading group sponsored by TD Bank, for children between the ages of 5 to 12 years of age. The reading program is designed to promote a love of reading and learning. The reading group is divided into two age groups (5 to 8 year olds and 9 to 12 year olds) and meet once a week at a designated time. At the weekly meetings the children will be told stories, encouraged to read out loud to the group and take part in crafts, games and activities related to the current theme.
The Englehart Public Library also holds a summer computer camp. The children are divided into two different age groups ( 8 to 12 year olds and 13 to 18 year olds) and meet twice a week at designated times. The 8 to 12 year olds will be learning how to use Windows, how to navigate the web by themselves and play educational online and CD-ROM games. The 13 to 18 year olds will be playing online games - The World of Warcraft to be specific.
- Employment Opportunities
- Town Hall
- No. 701 Steam Engine
- Historical Museum
- Kap-Kig-Iwan Park
- Englehart Fall Fair
- Festival of Flowers
- Fishing & Hunting
- Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station
- Hilliardton Marsh Research & Education Centre
- Larder River
- Rod Inglis Memorial Steam & Antique Show
- Stan Martin Memorial Mud Bog Truck & ATV Competition
- Temiskaming Drag 'N' Fly Summer Classic
- Winter Fun
- Town Facts
- Business & Community Directory
- Recreation Services & Facilities
- Englehart Chamber of Commerce
- Service Clubs
- Cemetery and Funeral Services
- Child Care Services
- Englehart Public Library
- Health, Wellness and Support
- Emergency Response
- North View Nursing Home Family Council
- Places of Worship