Next Municipal Election to be held 2018.
Nomination papers can be picked up the Town Hall or be printed by clicking here for those who wish to seek election for the position of Mayor, Councilor or School Board Trustee.
If you wish to verify that you are on the voter's list, you can visit the MPAC VoterLookUp.ca website.
Nomination papers may be filed in the office of the clerk from the first day of January (Election year). Municipal offices are open until 2 pm on nomination day in September (Election year). The nomination must be done on the nomination form and be accompanied by the appropriate fee. The fee for a nomination is:
- $200 for the office of head of council
- $100 for all other offices
For a nomination to be valid it must meet the following requirements:
- Nominations must be filed in person by the candidate or by an agent
- Nomination paper must have original signatures. Nomination paper may not be faxed, mailed, or emailed. Either the candidate or the agent must bring the completed and signed nomination papers to the office of the clerk. The candidate may be required to present identification and qualifications to be nominated.
- The appropriate nomination fee must be paid at the time of filing of the nomination. Payments accepted are:
- Certified cheque
- Money order
Candidates are eligible for a refund of the filing fee if they:
- Are elected
- Receive more than two percent of the vote for that office
- Withdraw the nomination before nomination day
If a candidate decides that they want to withdrawal from the election they must submit their letter of withdrawal in writing to the clerk no later than 2 p.m. on nomination day.
- A candidate may only run for one office at a time. IF a candidate submits a nomination to a second office the first nomination is withdrawn.
- If a candidate is on more than one ballot come voting day, and they are elected to an office, their election is void and the office becomes vacant.
The following documents are provided to assist those who seek election.
- Employment Opportunities
- Town Hall
- No. 701 Steam Engine
- Historical Museum
- Kap-Kig-Iwan Park
- Englehart Fall Fair
- Festival of Flowers
- Fishing & Hunting
- Hill's Lake Fish Culture Station
- Hilliardton Marsh Research & Education Centre
- Larder River
- Rod Inglis Memorial Steam & Antique Show
- Stan Martin Memorial Mud Bog Truck & ATV Competition
- Temiskaming Drag 'N' Fly Summer Classic
- Winter Fun
- Town Facts
- Business & Community Directory
- Recreation Services & Facilities
- Englehart Chamber of Commerce
- Service Clubs
- Cemetery and Funeral Services
- Child Care Services
- Englehart Public Library
- Health, Wellness and Support
- Emergency Response
- North View Nursing Home Family Council
- Places of Worship